Wednesday, June 2

Fifteen things I want to accomplish my first year in Olympia

1). Make at least five solid friends who are nonbelievers (perhaps some “Greeners”) that I can chill with downtown, hopefully hit up shows with and also hang with at Brotherhood Lounge

2). Get a job downtown and learn more about preparing the perfect Americano

3). Find a roommate and an apartment downtown

4). Play some open mics and find some band mates

5). Go backpacking

6). Take a trip to Portland

7). Meet Mark Driscoll and/or Donald Miller (two bros God has definitely used to change my life)

8). Get plugged in at Reality Church, downtown Olympia, so I can learn more about the scene in Olympia and how I can serve the community.

9). Catch some sweet shows in Seattle

10). Be a regular shopper at the farmers market and whole foods store

11). Drive some awesome scenic routes such as the Lewis and Clark Trail and the Cascade Loop

12). Definitely visit some state parks and enjoy the outdoors

13). Whale Watching!

14). Begin to travel mostly by bike. If I can save enough money I'd like to buy a Velorbis Scrap Deluxe, modified a bit, but similar to this one here.

15). Work on my skiing skills so I might keep up with Kyle Lewallen and Russ Knight next time we hit the slopes

2 comments:

  1. So here at the Barnett household we LOVE BLOGS! Just wanted to leave a note saying, we are reading and look forward to more updates.

    BTW, I love the line from the previous post: "evangelize where no one is evangelizing."

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Brian! thanks for the comment and thanks for following!!

    ReplyDelete