Monday, October 10

quickly speaking from the heart

Okay.
I've tried to kind of keep people updated on my life via Facebook recently, I just haven't had the time for blogging like I used to. Coffee, ministry and friends have filled up my once open schedule, but I want to speak quickly from my heart for a second because I think what is happening in my life needs to be documented and talked about.

God has been so good to me. I know that God has always loved me. Even before He created me He knew me and loved me. I know that the greatest act of love and kindness from God is when He sent His only Son to die for me, there will never be a greater act of love than the demonstration of love on the cross when Christ reconciled us to God, but I must say that recently I've felt so loved by God.

Coming to the Northwest a year ago I was super open handed with my life. I didn't have a ton of friends, I didn't have a job, the church hadn't started. I basically didn't know what I was doing but I was waiting for God to show up in some way. I had no idea He would show up the way that He has.

What I've learned:
Living an abandon life to God is the only way to experience the abundant life He has to offer.

I can't say I believe in God because of science or because it makes sense in my brain, but I know that I've given God the opportunity to work in my life and provide for weirdly specific things that I've needed and He's provided it. I mean, I know I didn't provide these things. I know that the last year hasn't been about me at all. I've just tried to follow where God has told me to go and wanted so much to obey Him probably more than ever and mostly out of complete fear in not knowing what to do but trust Him. I feel like I kept moving along even though I was completely uncertain and now I'm standing amidst amazing opportunity, friends, relationships... I wish I could be totally vulnerable and state specifics but it would take forevs.

It just needs to be said... we're always amidst the love of God. I feel like I was totally stripped of everything not because God made that happen but because I wanted it. I moved so far away because I knew it would be hard, I knew I would grow in Him and knew that there was great potential for Him to draw me close and I needed that. So I came and it was completely not what I thought and way harder than I had imagined it would be. Now I'm standing here 14 months later a completely different person and amidst a completely new life with completely new people and opportunity and there's no one else who can have the credit other than Him because I knew I had nothing to do with it.

I dunno, I'm just speaking openly.. so. thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment