Monday, November 15

Something Worth Blogging About.

You may now welcome me into the “job club” if you want. I got the call from Forza Coffee Company today and I go in tomorrow for some paper work and to get some training. I know it isn’t within my degree, but that’s okay. It’s something I’ve really been trying to wrap my mind around over the past few weeks. I’ve come to realize that I want nothing more than for my parents to walk around town telling their friends I’ve done something great, something that would make them feel proud, and in my mind making coffee isn’t the job they were hoping for. But then that’s what I’m telling myself and not necessarily what is true. According to them they’re proud of me regardless, what a load off my back.

So I embark on my Forza journey tomorrow.

My friend Tyler came to Oly this weekend for his birthday, and what a weekend it was! It’s always great to have him here, someone who has been in my inner circle of friends for quite sometime and someone I know I can be real with. You just can’t beat those friendships. We spent the majority of our time talking and drinking coffee in various shops such as Mud Bay Coffee Roasters, Wagner’s Café and Bakery and Cutter’s Point. We celebrated at Cascadia over an awesome dinner and “Birthday Questions”, The Clipper where we sang our “go to” karaoke jams “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey and “Walking in Memphis” by Marc Cohn, and later we ended up at Jakes where we danced to hits like “Single Lady” by Beyonce and “You Can Do It” by Ice Cube with various European techno jams in between until purchasing Tyler a birthday hotdog and calling it a night. I think he had a good time, I know I did and hopefully he can move west very soon and get out of Eastern Washington.

So the weather has been pretty intense lately, it’s been getting dark at 4:45 and it’s been raining basically non-stop, but I’m still enjoying it for some odd reason. I must be made to live here because with each week that passes I love it more and more. A friend from college is flying into SeaTac this Sunday and words can’t describe how excited I am! We’ve been counting down the days since I left in August and the day in nearly here! Only six more days to go!

So there’s a small update from me to you. The Northwest is treating me just fine.

1 comment:

  1. great blog post. We're so proud to have you on our team Mollie.

    ReplyDelete