Wednesday, May 19

About This Blog

A while back one of my best friends, Sara Matheny, had the brilliant idea to start blogging. She was reading several blogs about cooking, decorating and being a mom so she decided to start her own, and in the process encouraged me to do so also..

Therefore begins my blogging career.

First off, you should know what you're getting into I suppose, that is, if you so decide to follow or check in on my posts. The title of the blog might have already given away what the content will consist of, but I guess that's what titles are supposed to do and I guess that means my title is good, so I'll go ahead and give the credit to it's creator Aaron Dawson, thanks.

So now, if you're still reading, you're probably wanting a more in-depth description, and as I continue to post you'll see I'm all about in-depth descriptions, therefore, I'm starting from the beginning.

My junior year of college (nearly two years ago, pretty in depth am I right?) I started listening to a lot of Mark Driscoll sermons. Mark is a pastor at Mars Hill Church in Seattle, Washington. Prior to my time spent listening to Driscoll (and all his great insight on Christian faith and some hilarious jokes) my heart was set on moving to Maracaibo, Venezuela the summer after I graduated. Yet, the more I listened to Mark and heard him talk about the spiritual darkness that existed in Washington, my heart began to break for the Northwest. Something you should know about me is I long to be an advent of change. I think Gaundi put it best when he said,

"Be the change that you want to see in the world."

I feel as if American culture has taken a turn for the worst. The hedonistic lifestyles that we lead, meaning do whatever feels good, is so bizarre to me, so I decided that, as Christians, we need to stick around and help others, add to society and hopefully in the process build believers so we can send them out to foreign countries like Venezuela.

Well anyways, about a year ago I was talking with God and told Him,

"Hey, if you want me to go to the Northwest You know I'll go, but I know You won't send me there because it's pretty far away and I don't know anyone who lives there, but if You think it's a wise decision I'll go."

I kept feeling the need to tell God I'd go and as I did my desire to move grew stronger and doors began to open for me. About three months after I had told God I'd move my pastor at my local church in Morgantown, WV said he was moving to Olympia, Washington to plant a church and that he wanted me to be on his team!

A few other things happened after this, but I'll just go ahead and tell you, I'm going this August.

My plan, as a new blogger, is to keep readers informed about my day to day at work and in ministry in Olympia. I want to try and keep my posts as short as possible, but also have some sort of documentation to look back on overtime to see what God has done through me, in the church plant and in Olympia. Hopefully you’ll keep up and be able to watch God move as well because tomorrow starts day one.

6 comments:

  1. So where will you be till August? and did you get those cd's you were going to sell?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olympia in August and not yet. Every time I go to record I find flaws in my music and get nervous, lame I know. I can get you a copy of the live Starbucks show though if you want..

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah sure thing, i don't have an address right now but when i do i'll send it to you and i'll send you some cash for the disc and shipping

    ReplyDelete
  4. no need for the cash my bro. consider it a graduation gift =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet, sweet blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey mollie, my address is

    jonathan phoenix
    p.o. box 26
    moose, wy 83012

    send me yours and ill send you some cash-o-la for the cd

    ReplyDelete